[sparkscoffee] POW

  • From: "John J. Miller" <seaspark@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 00:04:33 -0500

I saw it here !

"No German POWs survived being Russian prisoners."

Untrue.

I belong to a German club in NJ and personally knew several men who survived camps in Siberia. One used to do my taxes. Another lost all of his teeth there but survived; the list goes on. I knew a woman who lived in Hamburg , Germany and went every day to see the trains bringing in repatriated German prisoners of the Russians, she had a picture of her son, (Who did not return), she actually met POWs who knew her son and told her how he died.

Actually they told me that the Russian guards were not so bad and they actually taught each other their languages, the Russian soldiers were not much better off than the prisoners. They were not cruel like the Japs., except for the Russian female soldiers, they were quite bad.

I know a man whose father was a prisoner in Russia and he did not survive the camp.

Where do you get such stuff ?

73

JJ Miller