[sparkscoffee] Re: National Prayer Breakfast with Obama Present

  • From: "Lee, NI7I" <pixiehat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 10:54:11 -0800

Morality has absolutely nothing to do with "gods law". It has everything to do with the values of the particular society you live in which

may not even have a god within it.

Lee

On 3/1/2013 11:13 PM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
Immoral is against God's law, which until recently was recognized as the Law. However man changes things and writes his own laws, some of which are not immoral but regulatory.

It was said that "Ignorance of the law is no defense" but that meant that the law was what lawyers call The Law - and that law was God's law. We all know what is right and wrong in our hearts until we deceive ourselves and self-justify our crimes.

But Ignorance IS a defense in regulatory law.

If it is illegal to wear a hat downtown in MyTown on Sunday, and I didn't know about the law of the townspeople it IS a defense.

I tell the magistrate, I didn't know the law in this town and that I respect the authority of the town to make regulations and now knowing about the regulation I will gladly obey them.

In that case, ignorance of what is not moral law is a defense.

DR
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 6:46 AM, schalestock@xxxxxxxx <mailto:schalestock@xxxxxxxx> <schalestock@xxxxxxxx <mailto:schalestock@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    And, there is a difference between illegal and immoral.

    JS
    Banks Forced to Forgive Credit Card Debt
    See how much of your debt could be settled!
    http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/512f43c1a1a7343c14fc9st04vuc