[sotd] Omnivoracious [October 10, 2013]

  • From: "Site of the Day" <amholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 06:35:10 -0700

        Site of the Day for Thursday, October 10, 2013

        Omnivoracious

Today's site, from the book editorial board at Amazon, offers a lively blog
which trains a broad focus on virtually every type of book. Gentle Subscribers,
even those with reservations about the giant online retailer, will discover
Omnivoracious to be a formidable resource for anyone who enjoys a good read.

"Omnivoracious is a blog run by the books editors at Amazon.com. We aim to
share our passion for the written word through news, reviews, interviews, and
more. This is our space to talk books and publishing frankly and we welcome
participation through comments. Please visit often ... to keep up on the latest
information." - from the website

This spirited book blog covers the publishing world with enthusiasm and verve.
Delving into genres as disparate as serious biographies and young adult fantasy
tales, the articles provide information on new releases and links to old
favorites. With the clout of Amazon behind it, it's a rare author who doesn't
positively respond to an interview request from the one of the blog's regular
contributors. Thus, it's frequently enlivened with author videos and audio
versions, as well as straightforward text interviews. Archive listings, along
with helpful tag references, point the way to reports on book awards, editor's
picks, and science fiction among other topics.

Wheel over to the site for a spirited look at books and writers at:

http://www.omnivoracious.com/

A.M. Holm
  Comments? Suggestions?  <amholm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
<//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd> and
 <//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd>