[sotd] February 21, 2003 [Ticketstubs: Tales of the Ephemeral]

  • From: "The Site of the Day" <sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:35:17 -0400

        Site of the Day for Friday, February 21, 2003

        Ticketstubs: Tales of the Ephemeral Based on the Flotsam of Life

This whimsical site presents a fascinating collection of stories based on
the recollections of those tucked-away ticket stub mementoes. Gentle
Members loathe to discard these little remembrances may feel heartened to
discover that others share this mild foible.

"Ticket stubs are everywhere, one of the many receipts in our daily lives -
but we all save some from time to time. The Ticketstub project is a place
where you can upload scanned images of your saved stubs, and tell a story
about that night, that concert, that movie, what happened on that date;
basically, ask yourself why you saved the stub as a reminder. . . The
reason for this site begins years ago, when I started saving ticketstubs
from movies and concerts. I kept them around to remind me of the film, the
music, or the event that took place. . . Just looking at them, stories came
flooding back and I had the idea that I'd like to scan them in and write up
some stories to go with them. . .  Once the decision was made to automate
an application to save and output the stories, I decided I might as well
open it up to others, since I figured I wasn't alone in saving bits from my
past." - from the website

The site presents ticket stub photos accompanied by engaging stories of why
the events they represent were memorable. Visitors to the site are
encouraged to make their own contributions and the site includes an
excellent guide to creating digital images of ticket stub memorabilia.

Rummage over to the website for a pleasant diversion of transitory
pleasures at:

http://stories.about.ticketstubs.org/

  A.M. Holm
<admin-sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
<//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd> and
 <//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd>