[sotd] December 6, 2002 [The Good News Network]

  • From: "The Site of the Day" <sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 00:45:40 -0400

        Site of the Day for Friday, December 6, 2002

        The Good News Network

Depressed by an overload of tragic news stories? Want some positive news
for a change?

The List presents a site which provides a different slant from the usual
media coverage of grim and disheartening news. Gentle Members may find an
uplift of spirits from the mission of this website.

"Instead of being balanced, we offer only one side - the positive side -
the side you rarely get from news today. . .  Citizens and news
professionals are able to click on headings such as International,
National, and Local to find news of the Good Samaritan or the Good
Congressman . . . We feature articles that help to shatter negative
stereotypes . . . The news media needs a reorientation to fairly reflect
society today and to humanely serve the society of tomorrow . . . We report
on outstanding citizen action to offset the daily barrage of the negative .
. . The Good News Network shares analysis of current affairs and public
opinion that reflect optimism, because many, including well known
columnists, are optimistic." - from the website

The site is updated weekly and presents news under the categories of
global, U.S. national, local, business, life, opinion, Samaria and earth.
Gentle Members should be aware that some stories may require a hankie.

Dash to the website for the upside of the news at:

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

  A.M. Holm
<admin-sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
<//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd> and
 <//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd>