[sotd] April 5, 2002 [Did You Know?]

  • From: "The Site of the Day" <sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 01:13:55 -0400

        Site of the Day for Friday, April 5, 2002

        Did You Know? -- Fast Facts

Snack food for the mind.

For the List's gentle members who are not on a restricted time schedule,
this website is the place to waste time almost productively. Bouncing with
ads along its margins, it nevertheless manages to be lively and amusing, a
veritable fountain of effervescent trivia.

This is an extensive website so the List presents a jumping off point which
caters to a variety of interests. The "Fast Facts" page offers topics which
range from Music to Food. From the perhaps little known fact
that "can openers were invented 48 years after cans were introduced," to "a
person remains conscious for eight seconds after being decapitated," this
site brims with "I didn't know that," and "I didn't want to know that,"
factoids. (You can stop counting now.)

Don't miss the links at the bottom of the page for even more byways to
follow from 'Witty Quotations' to 'Music Mania' to 'Around the World' and
more.

Nibble to the website for lovely helpings of trivia at:

http://www.didyouknow.cd/fastfacts/facts.htm

  A.M. Holm
<admin-sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
<//www.freelists.org/list/sotd> and
 <//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd>