[sonarblindbeta] Re: Fwd: [BlindGeekZone] Beware! Microsoft Plans to Push Windows 10 On Even More Windows 7 and 8 Systems

  • From: Chris Belle <chrisbelle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 08:14:38 -0600

Hey, not meaning to be disloyal, after all, we are on the sonar beta list, but you should really look at
reaper development with osara, and the fine work Jamie is doing with access with NVDA.

I purcheased
jaws, and sonar platinum, and intend to follow Johns hard work through and help all I can, but while that's going on,
really marvelous things are happening with the reaper osara stuf.

I would hazard to say that it's probably better there than with protools.

I bet you don't have editable envelopes and automation with protools,
but you sure do in reaper.

Also, the midi is much better.

Not as great as it is in sonar, we're all spoiled us long time cakewalk users, we have the best midi.
But jamie's
osara stuff will work with jaws too, jaw's won't report real time values in fx windows, only a percentage, and that's down
to the way MSAA is implemented, but it's more or less a screen-reader non-specific solution,
snow man hangs out over there,
I'm loving how things are shaping up,

I'm like you,
I just don't quite trust apple,
and putting all my eggs in one basket, it just takes one regression from them to break something, and
you just can't afford that on production gear.

so I'm going forward with sonar and reaper.
and if protools should happen to really take off at some point, then I'll grab a mac mini and get my feet wet.
For the moment, I just have an Ipad air 2,
we lucked out and got them in this pilot program we did,
and they're fun little toys 'grin'.

On 11/1/2015 6:44 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:

If it weren't for the studio stuff, including Internet broadcasting,
I'd've been offa Windows fifteen years ago. Can't wait for better
ProTools access in the MIDI department. When that happens, I'm gone
gone gone. Also looking toward a better Internet broadcasting tool,
which is already about three months behind on an accessible release
promise date. Although Apple has a good idea building accessibility
into its operating systems, not every software coder is on-board with
how to make that work for those who need it, not just visually
impaired's either. Some day ... some day ...

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 11:47:41 -0500, you wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Plenty of ways to lock your doors, and barr your windows as it were.
My production machines stay off line for the most part, and if microsoft
get's absolutely dictatorial about it,
well, there are other operating systems.
Tried a linux distro lately?
I was pretty impressed last time I did, I could just about do it on one
of those,
if not for the studio stuf.

But the online stuff is pretty much a go for many things.
And, smile, I bet our friends in the hacker community will come up with
a tool to zap over anxious microsoft, they always do.
Microsoft isn't stupid, if lots and lots of people raise hell when they
push, they'll back off, they have before.

On 10/31/2015 11:03 AM, Kevin Gibbs wrote:
Dear Steve and John,

Please take a look at this article talking about how Microsoft is
trying to forcibly upgrade Windows 7 machines to windows 10. I have
done absolutely nothing with windows 10. I will have to take my test
computer off-line to make the necessary adjustments to do my best to
forestall this eventual upgrade process.

John,
Assuming you can solve your registry problem, do you have a preference
with respect to Windows 7 or Windows 10 if your solution eventually works?

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* Gerald Levy <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
*Date:* October 30, 2015 at 3:28:36 PM CDT
*To:* blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* *[BlindGeekZone] Beware! Microsoft Plans to Push Windows
10 On Even More Windows 7 and 8 Systems*
*Reply-To:* "BGZ - You don't have to be a geek to love it here."
<blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

If you’re not ready yet to upgrade to Windows 10, you need to read
this article:
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/10/30/beware-microsoft-plans-to-push-windows-10-on-even-more-windows-7-and-8-systems/
Gerald

---
To unsubscribe from the list, send a message to:

for other options, visit:

Blindgeekzone-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:Blindgeekzone-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Archives can be found at:

http://blind-geek-zone.net/mailman/private/blindgeekzone_blind-geek-zone.net/

Note: You will need your username and password to access them