[soapcraft] Moulds

  • From: "Liz Brook" <liz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Soapcraft" <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 18:52:48 +1200

Heather - my formica moulds - I have uprights and logs.  I use the uprights for
most of my soap and when I want to swirl or do something that requires more
attention, then I use my log moulds.  And yes the soap does sort of slide off.
But with the formica moulds you must use the potassium lactate, which makes the
soap sort of shrink away from the mould.  It is difficult to explain.  If I
didn't use potassium lactate, I would have to line the formica moulds.

Srirling - I have done in-the-pot swirls for the vertical moulds - didn't like
it much - the soap had too far to fall and the swirls sort of became hazy not
definitive.  I use the log moulds for swirling.

Liz