[smartdoctor] Re: Fwd: Bursaries for Mid Triennial meeting Canberra 3-7 September 2012

  • From: "Irena Marsic" <irena.marsic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <smartdoctor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 09:38:37 +0200

Dobar dan kolegice Dijana.
Ja bih možda otputovala na taj kongres. Rado bih saznala detalje. Možete li mi
ih poslati.
Pozdrav
Irena Maršić, Ambulanta Križ  Telefon 01/2824601, mob 0915061077

      Od: "Harris Lygidakis" <lygidakis@xxxxxxxxx>
      Datum: 26. lipnja 2012. 18:17:21 CEST
      Za: <europecouncil@xxxxxxx>, "VdGM executive" <executive@xxxxxxx>
      Predmet: Bursaries for Mid Triennial meeting Canberra 3-7 September 2012

      Dear friends of the Europe Council,

      Please find below the invitation for applications for bursaries for the
next triennial meeting of WONCA’s Working Party on Women and Family Medicine
(WWPWFM). Feel free to send it to young colleagues that may be interested in
participating.

      Kind regards,

      Harris

      WWPWFM is pleased to announce bursaries to enable women family physicians
to attend the mid triennial meeting in Canberra, Australia. 3-7 September 2012.
      The mid triennial meetings have been the ‘policy powerhouses’ of the
WWPWFM, with members from all over the world contributing and connecting. From
Hamilton in 2006 came the Hamilton Equity Recommendations (HER statement) and
work on the bylaws changes, and from Norwich in 2009 meeting the Gender Equity
Standards for scientific meetings and the LEAD statement by young women
doctors.

      Our meetings have three aims - to further gender equity in Wonca and its
member organisations; to further education and research in issues of women's
health, and to develop women doctors as leaders.
      In Canberra we will be working on a checklist and plan for implementing
the gender equity standards for meetings, on developing a preconference program
and women’s track for the Prague World Conference in 2013, on furthering the
equity agenda in our regions, working on principles for gender equity education
and providing specific workshops on leadership for young women, and research.
      The WWPWFM is pleased to announce the opportunity to apply for 6
bursaries to attend the mid triennial meeting We aim that at least half these
bursaries will be given to young/new family doctors, (‘young/new’ is defined as
family practice/general practice residents, registrars or those within 5 years
of practice).
      The bursaries will cover the registration fee (which includes all
accommodation and meals in Canberra) plus up to $US 1000 for travel.
      These bursaries are for women doctors from outside Australia, and will be
given through a competitive process.
      Reimbursement will occur through submission of original receipts only.

      This is a time limited opportunity.
      Applications due on or before 8 July 2012

      To apply, each applicant must submit a curriculum vitae and an essay of
not more than 250 words. The essay must explain who they are, why they are
interested to attend the WWPWFM activities, how the work of the WWPWFM relates
to their professional and personal life and what they will do with what they
will learn when they return to their respective place of work. We expect
recipients to take an active role in promoting the aims and work of WWPWFM on
their return. The following experience will be a definite asset in considering
the application for a bursary:

        a.. Previous participation in WWPWFM activities; and/or
        b.. Evidence of local or national leadership in general practice/family
medicine organization, including a training organisation; and/or
        c.. Evidence of experience in women’s health issues; and/or
        d.. Evidence of experience with promoting gender equity and/or
        e.. A letter of support from a colleague active in Wonca or WWPWFM

      Please submit the curriculum vitae and essay to:
      Dr. Amanda Barnard,
      Chair of the WWPWFM
      Email address Amanda.barnard@xxxxxxxxxx

      Thank you and we hope to receive your application on or before 8 July
2012 Successful recipients will be determined by the WWPWFM Executive Committee
and announced soon after the deadline for submission.