[smartday] "Sticky" category selection website <-> Mac

  • From: Rob Grace <robert.grace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smartday@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 09:52:48 -0400

I've found the unchecking of categories very useful, to focus on home vs.
work tasks or different projects.

One thing that would be even more helpful is to make these optionally
"non-sticky", such that the Mac app selection of active categories does not
affect the Web view.

On the web view, memory of disabled categories could be handled by browser
cookies.  Then, logging in from different browsers (home/office/lab) could
each have unique views of task lists with relevant (manually
context-sensitive) categories selected!

Alternately, a "grouping" selection of categories by context could be
helpful, e.g. if I have several home-related categories and several
work-related.  A single tab or button to enable/disable each category set
("HOME" "WORK") would then .enable/disable an entire set of categories with
a single click.

Ultimately, I'd love to see the separate "home time" and "work time" ranges
that SmartTime had, so that I wouldn't have to constantly filter out
evening and weekend personal tasks from my workday.  (categories would be
assigned to one or the other time range)

Great work so far!  Loving the app and website, nothing else like it
-Rob