[smartday] Re: Pb of refresh !

  • From: Michael Jardine <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smartday@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 23:01:14 -0700

Hello Bernard,

The date is "Due" not "do".  The effect of "Due" is not related to the priority
sort order of the task list, because the user can change priorites by dragging
individual tasks to re-arrange. The only effect of "Due" on the sort order of
the task list is, if you choose the "Due" filter.  In that case, it will sort
your tasks by due date. Any tasks that do not have a due date, will not appear
at all, when this filter is applied.

Because our logic places tasks from the task list into the calendar, simply
following the order of tasks in the list, if you happen to have a task that is
due next year but it appears in the #2 position of your list, it will likely
appear in today's calendar. The logic is that if you have time to do a task, it
will be scheduled.

There are three other effects of "Due".

- It is an anchor for any Alerts that you create.
- The "due" button will change colors based upon green = not due yet, yellow =
due today, and red = overdue.
- In the focus pane of your calendar - which appears just below the date -
tasks that are due today, or overdue, will appear there as reminders for you.

If you wish to assign a specific task to a specific date, the easiest way is to
convert it into an All Day Event.  It will then appear in the top of your
calendar, for that day. In most calendars (iCal, Google, etc), All Day Events
are simply markers for a specific date; they are not associated with any time
of day. Note if you do not have any due tasks or all-day events, then the focus
pane will disappear.

If you wish to assign a specific task to a specific date AND time, just convert
it into an Event.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Michael