[slikom] Nokia screenreader?

  • From: "Slavko Kovac" <slavek.kovac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Slikom lista" <slikom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 08:32:37 +0200

Malo sam pregledavao web stranicu "Codefactory" i pronasao nesto zanimljivo.
Do sada nisam znao da postoji. Evo podijelit cu s vama:
Nokia Screen Reader

"
LONDON, United Kingdom, October 27th, 2011 - Nokia has announced a screen
reader this week at Nokia World 2011, in addition to a number of
accessibility
apps. These new products matter because they will make it easier for people
with disabilities to use Nokia devices..." To read the full announcement
click

here.

list of 21 items
. What is Nokia Screen Reader?
. What phones are supported?
. When will it be launched?
. How can I get it?
. Where can I obtain the user manual?
. How much does it cost?
. Will the license expire?
. In which countries will it be available?
. Which languages are supported?
. Which TTS are supported?
. How do I install new voices?
. Which TTS are installed by default on my device?
. Is Nokia Screen Reader the same as Mobile Speak?
. Can I install Mobile Speak and Nokia Screen Reader at the same time?
. Can I use other Code Factory applications with Nokia Screen Reader?
. How can I hear the Caller ID of an incoming call?
. How do I avoid audio conflicts with some applications?
. Will there be updates?
. How can I get technical assistance?
. Where can I get more information?
. Feature set comparison: Nokia Screen Reader vs Mobile Speak
list end

What is Nokia Screen Reader?

Nokia Screen Reader is a free screen reader available for people with visual
disabilities and also for general users who would like additional voice
assistance
on their smartphone. The screen reader is an easy-to-use and simple
application designed to meet the accessibility needs of Nokia smartphone
users.

Nokia Screen Reader is a simplified version of the powerful Mobile Speak
screen reader. The application speaks the text content of the currently
focused
item on the screen, following focus as the user moves around the different
applications on the phone. It uses a simple command structure to let users
get
the important information quickly such as date and time, signal strength,
connection status, etc.

What phones are supported?

The phones currently supported by Nokia Screen Reader are the Nokia C5-00,
Nokia C5 5MP, Nokia 700 and Nokia 701. The application will not install
correctly
on any other device.

When will it be launched?

Nokia Screen Reader was launched in late 2011 for all supported devices.
Please search for it and download it from the Nokia Store.

How can I get it?

You can download Nokia Screen Reader from the Nokia Store. Use the Store
application to search for Nokia Screen Reader, download and install it just
like
any other application you download and install on your Nokia phone. A direct
link to the installation file is also found here:
NokiaScreenReader.SIS.

Where can I obtain the user manual?

Complete information about Nokia Screen Reader is available in the user
manual. You can download the English version of the manual in HTML format at
http://www.codefactory.es/descargas/nsr/Nokia_Screen_Reader_Manual_English.htm
 . It is also available as a Word document:
http://www.codefactory.es/descargas/nsr/Nokia_Screen_Reader_Manual_English.doc
 or in Text format:
http://www.codefactory.es/descargas/nsr/Nokia_Screen_Reader_Manual_English.txt
 .

How much does it cost?

The good news is that Nokia Screen Reader is free and does not require you
to pay anything. Simply use a supported Nokia phone and download and install
it.

Will the license expire?

No, the license does not expire and there is no need to activate any license
upon installation.

In which countries will it be available?

The application is available worldwide. Please check the supported languages
before installing Nokia Screen Reader.

Which languages are supported?

At launch the supported languages are English, Spanish, French, German,
Portuguese, Finnish, Swedish and Italian.

Which TTS are supported?

Nokia HQ TTS voices of supported languages including English, Spanish,
French, German, Portuguese, Finnish, Swedish and Italian are supported at
launch
time.

How do I install new voices?

You can add additional voices for free at
http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/text-to-speech,
or via the phone's Speech application (Screen Reader > Speech > Options >
Download languages). As long as your device has sufficient memory, there is
no
restriction on the number of voices you can install.

Which TTS are installed by default on my device?

 This depends on your phone model and firmware. You can check inside Screen
Reader > Speech. Note that if no voice comes pre-installed on your device,
the
lower quality built-in voice will be used until you install a high quality
voice.

Is Nokia Screen Reader the same as Mobile Speak?

No, it has a simplified feature set and does not offer all of the
functionality of Mobile Speak. Nokia Screen Reader reads SMS, email,
contacts, web pages,
calendar appointments, clock, alarms, call log, caller ID and a lot more
with easy commands using the Nokia built-in TTS. A full feature-set
comparison
can be found here:
http://www.codefactory.es/en/products.asp?id=425#15

Can I install Mobile Speak and Nokia Screen Reader at the same time?

Yes, Mobile Speak and Nokia Screen Reader can be installed on the phone at
the same time, although only one will be active at any time. You can switch
between
the two screen readers seamlessly, without needing to stop the currently
active one. Note that if you have both Mobile Speak and Nokia Screen Reader
installed
and Auto Start Mobile Speak set to ON, the phone will start up using Mobile
Speak. So if you prefer to start the phone with Nokia Screen Reader active,
make sure to set Auto Start Mobile Speak to Off.

Can I use other Code Factory applications with Nokia Screen Reader?

Mobile Color Recognizer, Mobile Daisy Player and Code Factory's Games will
not work when only the Nokia Screen Reader is installed. However, if you
install
Mobile Speak, then licenses for the other products can be purchased from
your Code Factory dealer and you will be able to use them on your device.

How can I hear the Caller ID of an incoming call?

To hear the Caller ID when a call is incoming, you need to first silence the
ringer. On the C5-00 and C5 5MP, this is done by pressing the right soft
key.
On touch devices, the phone switches to Joystick mode while there is an
incoming call, so perform the slide left-right-left gesture to tap the
left-centre
button and silence the ringer. To repeat the Caller ID, press joystick up
(or tap the upper central part of the screen on touch devices).

How can I avoid audio conflicts with some applications?

Some audio applications may have an audio conflict with the voice of Nokia
Screen Reader. This will cause them to stop producing audio output if Nokia
Screen
Reader speaks while they are active. In this case, you will need to mute
Nokia Screen Reader while the other audio application is active. An example
of
this is the Nokia Internet Radio application - it is recommended to mute
Nokia Screen Reader just before starting to stream your selected radio
station,
and to keep it muted while streaming, otherwise the radio will stop playing
and you will need to start streaming again.

Will there be updates?

There will be timely updates consisting of bug fixes and support for newer
devices and firmware versions.

How can I get technical assistance?

For technical assistance, submit a Help Desk ticket on the Code Factory
website at
http://www.codefactory.cat/helpdesk/index.php?a=add

Where can I get more information?

Complete information is available in the user manual. Other information can
be found at the Nokia Screen Reader page at
http://www.codefactory.es/en/products.asp?id=425

Feature set comparison: Nokia Screen Reader vs Mobile Speak

table with 3 columns and 32 rows
 Features

Nokia Screen Reader

Mobile Speak

Application size
< 2MB
4MB
Voice (TTS) size
Nokia built-in TTS
3-15MB
Full access to all the functionalities of the phone
yes
yes
Date and hour spoken
yes
yes
Battery and coverage levels spoken
yes
yes
Bluetooth, GPRS, Wi-Fi status spoken
yes
yes
Speed voice control
yes
yes
Shortcut to read the screen
yes
yes
Volume control
yes
yes
Auto-start
yes
yes
Support for Symbian Anna & Belle
yes
yes
Touch screen support
yes
yes
Web browser support
yes (simplified)
yes
PIN screen spoken
yes
yes
Emoticons support
yes
yes
Nokia Internet Radio support
yes
yes
Simple command structure
yes
no
Possibility to install extra voices from 3rd-party manufacturers
no
yes

Screen magnification
no
yes
Configurable profiles
no
yes
Verbosity levels
no
yes
Braille support
no
yes
Navigation by characters, word and paragraph
no (only in web browser)
yes
Voice on call
no
yes
Configurable keyboard echo
no
yes
Punctuation control
no
yes
Reading configuration while the keyboard is locked
no
yes
Advanced configuration options
no