[sleafordbka] Email guidelines

  • From: Steve Pickard <mr.steve.pickard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sleafordbka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:17:00 +0100

Dear All

There has been some discussion recently about the best way of using email to
communicate amongst ourselves.

We currently have this list, which some are happy to use for communication
and chat, while others believe they are getting too many irrelevant emails.

Your committee would like to suggest the following:

This list* sleafordbka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx* should be used for

   - Emails from any member of general interest to other members
   - Non official announcements
   - Discussions relevant to a large proportion of members, eg Heckington or
   Open Apiary arrangements

It should not be used for one to one communications that are of no interest
to the majority. * *Please think before hitting "Reply" to an email from
this list, if it is only relevant to one or two and of no interest to
others, it is better to email them directly.  If you need someone's email
address please get in contact with our new secretary Melody Espin, Martin
Robinson, or myself - we will discuss publishing a directory at a later
date.

This list is optional and members can opt in or out as they see fit by an
email to Melody or myself.

The following email addresses have also been set up for you to use:

*chair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx* - Carole Smith
*secretary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx* - Melody Espin
*treasurer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx* - Martin Robinson
*comms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx *- myself
*webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx* & *property@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx* - Chris
Norton

Finally, we will shortly be setting up another freelists mailing list which
will the principle method of official communication, primarily from Melody.
 All Sleaford BKA members with email will be on this list, but only
association officers will be able to send to it to ensure it will not
dispense any spam.

Steve