[sleafordbka] Caythorpe show

  • From: Steve Pickard <mr.steve.pickard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sleafordbka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:40:43 +0100

Congratulations to Simon Croson and Martin Robinson for victories in the
Caythorpe show.  Simon exhibited an interesting dark honey which won the
liquid section, Martin won with his set honey, and Simon again won with his
wax - which was also the best exhibit in section.

The judge commented on the very high standard of exhibits, which he said
were better overall than the county show!  Not too many of us there, but
these sort of village shows are a nice gentle introduction for those of us
interested in seeing just how clever our bees are - I had beginners luck
last year so any fool can do it!

Steve