[slackintosh-users] Re: quick hardware status summary? slackintosh returns ;-)

  • From: Jason Byrne <jbyrne1024@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:44:51 -0700

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 09:25:09PM +0200, Thorsten Johannvorderbrueggen wrote:
> Hello Jason,
>

> Jason Byrne wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Nice to see slackintosh alive & kicking again...
> >
> >A few questions...
> >
> >How well does the latest generation of iBooks or Powerbooks work in
> >Linux PPC land these days?
> >

> I have iBook G4 (the "new" one with 1,42GHz) , which works fine (Ok you
> have to path the kernel for sound an trackpad).
>
> >Video... accelerated?  Radeon 9550 Mobility support?  I remember Michel
> >Danzer (Debian) was doing stuff for PPC DRI/3D a while back... haven't
> >checked status lately.
> >

> Video worked, accelerated (?)

Ok... what kind of FPS numbers do you get from glxgears?  IIRC, I had
something close to 1000 FPS... nothing too amazing, but a lot better
than no acceleration @ 200-300 FPS w/out DRI/DRM working for you.

> [other hardware/works details... greatly appreciated]

Thanks for the encouraging details... I'm fine with patching kernels,
drivers, development code, etc... just wanted to confirm a couple of
'works for me' stories floating around... enough to motivate a
purchase.

- Jason