[slackintosh-users] Re: no sound on iBook dual usb Slackintosh 11.0

  • From: Denis Shapovalov <denok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 00:01:34 +0200

Adrian Ulrich wrote:
Hi,

Earphones change nothing, anyway it plays Mac's chime at boot,

That's not what i meant:

Some time ago, my iBook would not play any sound unless i:
   - Booted it
   - Plugged in an Earphone
   - Unplugged it
 .. tada -> sound was there

Do you think Slackintosh 12.0 will solve this problem?
I need to add RAM, which is hard to find...

Slackintosh 12.0 does not need more RAM than 11.0

yes, i did the same, plugged it in, no sound in earphones, unplugged it, again nothing, Or do you advice to have earphones plugged in before and while booting?

Thanks for note about Slackintosh 12.0, is there a way to make an upgrade and save at least some important programs that i've build and their configs? Reinstalling from scratch is not what i dream of...

Greetings,
Denis