[SKRIVA] Other Worldd Writing Workshop

  • From: "ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:43:43 +0200 (CEST)

"Other Worlds Writing Workshop" kallas denna site:

http://www.otherworlds.net/frameset.htm

"...a place where serious writers of speculative fiction can polish their
skills and learn from each other. Works posted here range from short-shorts to
full-length series, from first drafts to finished works in final polishing. Our
members are invited to join based on their love of and understanding of the
requirements of good speculative fiction. We have programs geared to varying
skill levels (see Workshops). Professional writers are not only welcome but
especially invited to join and share in the benefits of a workshop tailored to
the needs of our genre. If you have ever read a published work and found
yourself mentally screaming "Show, not tell!" or looked at your own after the
fact and thought, "Did I really say that? Argh!", you belong here.

Writers will find here:

Help with worldbuilding: discussions and critiques aimed at improving the
background setting of your story

Line edits: for those who want to put the final gloss on the manuscript before
it goes to the editor

Story analysis: if your characters are hopeless or your plot has canyons
instead of potholes, here is the place to fix them, and save some editor the
price of a rejection notice

Technical help: do your sword fights need help? You can't find a plausible way
to disguise a seven-foot alien as human? Throw out your question and let your
fellow members help

Chat: discussion and talk lists related to the care and feeding of speculative
fiction, tips for getting published, working with editors, and other craft-
related issues

Bookstore: through the Other Worlds Bookstore, you can pick up references for
just about anything you need to help build your worlds, from how to write to
how middle-tech fantasy types get bread on the table or steel on their hips

Links to agents and other helpful sites"

Men, tyvärr, det är ju på engelska och riktat på engelskspråkig marknad,så
nyttan för presumtiva svenska författare torde vara begränsad.
  Siten har en hel del informativt material, icke desto mindre, och kan vara
värd att kolla in.

--Ahrvid

-----
SKRIVA - sf, fantasy och skräck  *  Äldsta svenska skrivarlistan
grundad 1997 * Info http://www.skriva.bravewriting.com eller skriva-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx för listkommandon (ex subject: subscribe).