[SKRIVA] New Scientist har mininovelltävling

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 00:20:48 +0100

Tidskriften New Scientist söker kortnoveller på 350 ord (litet över 2000 tkn)
om "forgotten futures":

"Send us your very short stories about futures that never were. Tell us where
we'd be today if the ether had turned out to exist after all, or if light
really was made up of corpuscles emitted by the eyes. You don't have to be
scientifically accurate, but the more convincing your story, the more likely it
is to win!
Neil Gaiman, the best-selling author of American Gods, Coraline, Sandman and
many more comics and books, will pick a winner from a shortlist selected by New
Scientist editors. "I'm a sort of failed SF writer," says Gaiman. "I read New
Scientist every week in the forlorn hopes that it will turn me into a proper SF
writer at last. I'm excited to judge the flash fiction finalists, certain that
they will do better than I would…"
The winning entry will be printed in the special end-of-year issue of New
Scientist and we'll publish the most entertaining and thought-provoking
runners-up online. (You can read last year's winners here.)
Your story should be no more than 350 words long, including the title – do
watch your word count, we hate having to disqualify good competition entries
because they're just a bit too long – and should not have previously been
published anywhere else. Only one entry per person, please.
Here's the small print: the upshot is that by submitting your story you give us
non-exclusive rights to publish it now or at any future date, in whatever
medium we choose. The closing date is 19 November 2010.
Click here to submit your story."

Man skall skicka bidrag hit:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19561

--Ahrvid