[sib-access] Re: [sib-access]

  • From: saeed Mirzazadeh <saeedm19@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 13:56:48 +0200

Mohammad,
I suppose you will not be able to do so. I tried what suggested Dale,
but I couldn't get anything changed.
I think irregular settings of durations, has been defined to be
applied on even multiplications: two, four or eight, and not the odd
ones. What you want is seven on six. So as six is a multiplication of
three, it wouldn't be possible, as I understand.
What I suggest to you is that, write 4 32nds on 8th note, (that's
normal setting), + 3 32nds on a 16th. Although they will not sound 7
equal 32nd notes, if your tempo speed is not too slow, it may sound
something similar. Or, write normal six 32nds on dotted eighth, then
add an acciaccatura on the first note. If your tempo speed is fast
enough, the performer will play something like 7 32nd on a dotted
eighth.
You have to find the nearest solution to your need.
Hope it helps.
Regards,
Saeed

On 6/1/15, Dale Lieser <dale.lieser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do not have access to the Sibelius program this week, however, the
following occurs to me.
I think to accomplish what you are wanting, you will need to go into the
create menu, and find the tuplet option. Experiment with the ratio
settings.

On Jun 1, 2015, at 1:39 AM, Dave Carlson <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have you ensured that you selected the entire 8th plus the dot before
creating the tuplet?

Another idea: Instead of a dotted 8th, make an 8th and a 16th note of the

same pitch and tie them together. Then after making sure to select both
the
notes, create the 7-note tuplet.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, woodworker, Musician, and pioneer