[sib-access] playback devices manual sound settings tab

  • From: "Jean Philippe" <jp.rykiel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sibaccess" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 19:25:24 +0100

Dear Dan,
if you want to use your midi gear instead of sound essentials, I find
Sibelius handling of Midi rather hard to understand. There is a tab in
playback devices called preferred instruments where you can choose which
midi device is going to be assigned to a particular instrument, but not
which midi channel. There is another tab cold manual sound settings where
you're supposed to decide this, but I've never been able to go through all
the items in this tab because at one point, Sibelius crashes.
Do you think you can do something about this in the future? A good thing to
would be to provide a clearer explanation than the one in Sibelius manual
about assigning your midi synthesizers to instruments in Sibelius, if that's
possible.
Cheers,
JPR
http://myspace.com/jeanphilipperykiel