[sib-access] Re: Writting legato notes in Sibelius

  • From: Kevin L Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 17:58:23 -0500

In printed notation, the angle and position of slurs is important.  Print music
lives on a five line staff.  Notes are printed with note heads, stems and
beams.  Notes positioned above the third line have their stems pointing down.
Notes below the third line have their stems pointing up.  Depending on the
number of notes above or below the third line in a slur, the arc of the slur
will bend up or down.  this depends on where the note heads are.  If the stems
are pointing down, the slur will arc up above the note heads.  If the stems are
pointing up, the slur will arc downward below the note heads.

HTh,
Kevin