[sib-access] Re: Writing in voice2

  • From: Dani Pagador <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 02:40:27 -1000

Hi, Saeed and Ramy.
Thanks for the tip, Saeed. I'll definitely give it a try.
Ramy, I'm chuckling about your remark about can't we do it like
sighted people? I'm guessing that the plug-in's author is sighted and
has had enough trouble with getting the voices to go where he wanted
_without the plug-in that he found it necessary to write something to
make the task easier.
I've wasted whole afternoons trying to make my notes go to the
different voices without overwriting things and have had absolutely no
luck. My first note goes in to other-than-voice-1 successfully, but
all the other notes overwrite voice 1 and I'm stuck having to redo
voice 1 and try the instructions for working in the different voices
from the manual, my previous Berklee teacher's Sibelius tutorial, and
the Sib-Access archives with no luck. I'm using a wireless keyboard
and my hands are nowhere near my trackpad or my mouse, and I've tried
really really hard to be sure I'm not doing anything to get back to
Voice 1, but the only thing to come out of the afternoon was an empty
bag of chocolate and metaphorical hair in my hands. That plug-in is a
godsend.
Done Grumbling, Still Chuckling,
Dani