[sib-access] Which Version To Buy If You're a New Customer?

  • From: James Lee <jameslee303@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 07:42:35 -0400

Hi,

I have a friend who is interested in learning Sibelius. If he purchase
Sibelius 7, can he still get a copy of Sibelius 5.25 as a new customer?
I read something about if you have Sibelius 6 license, you can go back
to Sibelius 5, but if you have Sibelius 7 license, you can't go back.
The state will buy a copy for his school, so buying an old license from
Ebay is not an option. What would be the best solution for new customer
since there's no script for Sibelius 6 and 7 yet?
I'm aware of the fact that Avid improved the accessibility of Sibelius
7, but I don't think it's not as fully accessible as Sibelius 5 with
Dan's script.
I would appreciate all your help!
Thanks,

JL