[sib-access] Re: Sibelius Access 6?

  • From: "Farfar in His Cups" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 09:40:35 -0800

Being satisfied with what we have may well be our only recourse. No one is
"obligated" to take over scripting Sibelius. Dan did this to help himself
and others and did a great job. Any other efforts along those lines as Kevin
said, would not have been for free.

Dan's web site used to have a link to Paypal. It's one way to get his
attention. Consider payment for what he's done already. But don't pay with
the expectation of future development. As Kevin said we should be grateful
for what we did get and the capabilities we do have.

I think Dancing Dots was considering an update to their SibSpeaking3
package when Sibelius 4/5 began to roll out, but with a free alternative
being touted, they pulled back. This may be a time to approach them with our
requests -- although that will cost them money up front to fill a fairly
small market. Not a sound business plan. Such a commercial solution would
likely cost in the $200 to $300 range, I'm guessing.

So Dan could have a fairly nice source of income if he did develop Sibelius
6 accessibility and charged for it. What would you all be willing to pay,
would be the $60k question.

Dave Carlson
Sent from somewhere in the Western United States, using a Dell Latitude
E6520 and Windows 7