[sib-access] RNIB music transcriptions into Sibelius

  • From: "Chris Google Goodwin" <cands.goodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:44:58 -0000

All,

I talked to Ruth Frampton from the RNIB South West music transcription
centre today.  I asked her four questions.  The answers are below.

1. Is the RNIB MTS happy to send out SIB files.
A. Yes, as long as the recipient has an original copy of the piece.  This is
usually done by posting the hardcopy in.

2. Is the archive of what they've done so far available for others to
use?
A. There is a separate library of large print and Braille music in Stockport
(north England) which can send out copies on request.  The South West centre
can send out the SIB file if they have one.  Note that this is mostly choral
music.

3. Who is eligible to use the service e.g. non-UK residents.
A. > anyone registered blind or VI in the UK
> non registered people could be charged
> non UK residents need to get a go between from the UK.

4. Are there other similar services in other countries?
> she is not aware of any

Cheers,

Chris