[sib-access] Re: Perhaps Off-Topic: Sibelius 5 Student Edition

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 17:16:56 +0100

Dale,

I did have a look at the student edition a long time ago but I can't
remember the specifics on how it differed from the full version. It was
enough to know that it didn't contain the features I needed it to make
scripting it worth while.

There are some features which are only available with Sibelius Access
installed and JAWS running.

Navigation:
Shift+Alt+Up/Down is the only one that I can think of off the top of my
head.

Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down should definitely work even without Sibelius Access. That
said, I don't know if this keystroke is available in the student edition.

Playback:
The keystrokes which move the tempo slider are Sibelius Access only, but you
don't need them if you can use a mouse.

A list of differences between Sibelius Access and Sibelius on its own is one
of the things on my list of things to do. It's getting pretty long now!

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk