[sib-access] Re: Lyrics on notes with sib-access

  • From: "Farfar on Laptop" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:57:17 -0700

Ramy,

Here's a bit more on shortcut keystrokes for various types of text,
including lyrics:

The table below lists the most important text styles and what they are used
for.

Name Used for.

Staff text
Expression .writing dynamics and expressive markings such as mp, cresc. and
legato - Shortcut: Ctrl+E
Technique .writing playing techniques such as "mute," "pizz.", etc. -
Shortcut: Ctrl+T
Lyrics line 1, Lyrics line 2 etc. .writing lyrics in vocal music - Shortcut:
Ctrl+L (Line 1), Ctrl+Alt+L (Line 2)
Chord symbol .writing e.g. Cm7 - Shortcut: Ctrl+K

Plain text .writing blocks of lyrics, editorial commentaries, etc.
Roman numerals .writing chord symbols with inversions in Roman numerals -
see3.5 Figured bass
and Roman numerals
Figured bass .figuring continuo instruments in Baroque music - see3.5
Figured bass and
Roman numerals
Fingering .writing fingerings in e.g. keyboard, brass or string music
Guitar fingering (p i m a) ...writing fingerings in guitar music
Boxed text .writing certain playing techniques, e.g. in percussion
Small text .writing certain playing techniques
Nashville chord numbers .writing e.g. 6/3 - see3.4 Chord symbols
Footnote .writing editorial commentaries at the bottom of a single page (not
the same as Footer)

System text
Title .writing the title of the piece or movement
Subtitle .writing subtitles (e.g. for a particular movement)
Composer .writing the name of the composer (usually all in CAPITALS) or
arranger/orchestrator
(not in capitals)
Lyricist .writing the name of the lyricist, poet, or other source of text
Dedication .writing a dedication (e.g. To the choir of St. John's)
Tempo .writing tempo markings such as Andante - Shortcut: Ctrl+Alt+T
Metronome mark .writing metronome marks and metric modulations
Copyright .writing copyright lines in your score
Header etc. .writing a header on every page
Footer etc.. .writing a footer on every page (not the same as Footnote)
Rit./Accel. .writing particular tempo instructions

Blank page text
Composer (on blank page) .writing the name of the composer on a title page
at the start of the score
Dedication (on blank page) .writing a dedication on a title page at the
start of the score
Plain text (on blank page) .writing instrumentation, performance directions,
etc. on blank pages
Subtitle (on blank page) .writing a subtitle on a blank page
Title (on blank page) .writing the title of the work on a title page at the
start of the score

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my comfort
try to remedy that situation.