[sib-access] Re: Introduction and a Question

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 12:44:16 -0700

Hello Parham,

Welcome to the list.

YOU may find it difficult to get a copy of Sibelius 5.2.5, since version 6
has been out for almost a year, and it's now up to version 6.2.

My recommendation is to contact Avid directly to explain why you need 5.2.5
for now, citing the benefits of Sib-Access in allowing you to access their
software. I think that's the way to get an older version.

But be sure to keep version 6 in mind for the future, because the magnetic
layout feature is a real blessing for a visually-impaired user, as it helps
to keep staff and system elements from crashing into each other.