[sib-access] Re: Adding Notes-to-self Text to Project?

  • From: Vaughn Brown <jazzdressage@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:05:39 -0700

These are great questions.
1. I use the technique or plain box text provided through Sibelius
under the menu. You may want your husband to help as sometimes the
texts can overlap with the notation.
2. When I write ideas I write them in Sibelius or on my Braille Note.
I usually start with the rhythms of bass and or drums. Some find
writing the melody first helpful and or writing out chords.
Sounds like you have a good system already.
Vaughn

On 9/20/15, Dani Pagador <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, Everyone.
My husband mentioned that arrangers add a lot of notes-to-self to
their drafts when it comes to ideas for the project. Does anyone on
list do this? If so, what kind of text/font do you use?

I have my project scored out, but am also writing it on my Braille
Edge so I can draft as I go and see in Braille what's going on. I have
my notes-to-self in Braille, but need to include them in my visual
representation that gets turned in.

And since I'm asking, how do y'all handle the drafting/design part of
your writing with Sibelius? How do you get ideas, and how do you keep
track of all the different incarnations of the project?

Thanks,
Dani

Vaughn Brown
Berklee College of Music Graduate, Bachelor in Music, Drummer, educator
504-202-8492
http://www.vaughnbrown.net