[SI-LIST] x-talk questions

  • From: Michael Domnitei <mdomnitei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 10:43:42 -0700 (PDT)

I have a few questions regarding running cross-talk on Cadence (windows env.):

1. Any disadvantages on running batch mode simulations vs. GUI mode?

2. Any issue with IBIS modeling which causes a core dump (in GUI mode) ? (did
not have a core dump in batch mode).
    Or, may be the core dump is not caused by an IBIS model?

3. Should connectors be modeled as IBIS buffer models when running x-talk on
single board or multi-board? Any pros & cons or other recommendations?

4. Does anyone have a methodology to check if an IBIS model is suitable for
cross-talk? Or what minimum information does an IBIS model need to have to be
suitable for x-talk? I have been told that some manufacturer IBIS models may
cause problems during x-talk simulations.

thanks for your time,

List technical documents are available at:

List archives are viewable at: