[SI-LIST] Re: simulation in Nexxim

  • From: agathon <hreidmarkailen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mohamad Haghtalab" <mohaghtalab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:17:17 -0700

I'm not sure exactly what the symptom is (what you mean by dc continuation)
but I've seen a dc offset and strange "integration" or clean postive ramp
component added to hspice results for a channel illustrated as:
    behavioral source -- sparam & hspice interconnect -- amplifier.
HSpice 2004 or 2005 was used and Ansoft HFSS models w/ dc extrapolation.  A
colleague just refreshed my memory on it:  The appearance was that hspice V
sources and ABSV param had influence on simulator behavior.  Workaround was
to use a current source w/ 1ohm load and setting ABSI = 0.1nA (smaller than
default I believe).  Ie: more sim accuracy is needed for the responses.
I don't suspect a noncausal issue since that would be characterized by
response before stimulus or output signal presence w/ no input energy,
although the "ramping" mentioned above mimics that.  A passivity problem
typically shows up as catastrophic oscillation.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 12:50 AM, Mohamad Haghtalab <mohaghtalab@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> it's transient simulation,the s parameter model contain 0 Hz
> data(matrix),but what's non-causal S-param?,what's the solution?
>
> regards

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: