[SI-LIST] measuring structural resonances using an oscilloscope

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emc-pstc <emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>, SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 15:47:59 -0800

Hi All,

I just posted my latest Technical Tidbit for November;

Measuring Structural Resonances in the Time Domain - Part 1
The method of measuring structural resonances uses an oscilloscope, a pulse
generator, and a pair of loops.
Abstract: Oscilloscopes are more common in most engineering labs than
networkanalyzers or spectrum analyzers, so measurement methods that use
oscilloscopes maximize the return on lab equipment for many companies. A
method of measuring structural resonances using an inexpensive pulse
generator and an oscilloscope is described and results are presented.
The link to the article is the picture of the experimental setup at the
bottom of the main page at http://emcesd.com[1] .

Doug
\/ ) P.O. Box 1457 ========= Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457 _ / \ / \ _ TEL/FAX:
408-356-4186/358-3799 / /\ \ ] / /\ \ Mobile: 408-858-4528 | q-----( ) | o |