[SI-LIST] Re: hspice simulation with w-element + s model

  • From: Alan Hilton-Nickel <Alan.Hiltonnickel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haikun@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:50:26 -0800

Haikun,

I haven't got any experience with S-models (although I know
it's coming), but from a quick look at the HSPICE SI Guide
(at /import/datools5/vendor/hspice/h2004.03/docs) it seems
the w-element and s-element are mutually exclusive ways of
describing a physical line.

I think the following line:
* The differential pair
w1 in1 in2 gnd out1 out2 gnd smodel=s_model N=2 l=2cm
+ NODEMAP=I1I2O1O2

should be
* The differential pair
s1 in1 in2 gnd out1 out2 gnd smodel=s_model N=2 l=2cm
+ NODEMAP=I1I2O1O2

Also, since you are modeling 4 ports, shouldn't N=4?

Alan

Alan Hilton-Nickel
Signal Integrity Engineer
Sun Microsystems Inc.