[SI-LIST] hspice questions

  • From: Siva kumar <sivakumar_skm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:50:19 +0000 (GMT)

ladies and gentlemen,
       i am a newbie to Hspice and i have few
questions on it.

1. I have a differential clock output and i would like
to measure the signal crossing points (the time at
which the  clk_p and clk_n crossing event occurs.). I
went thru the user manuals and tutorials. Though there
are bunch of info on .MEASURE command, but i couldnt
find a method to find the crossing of clk_p and clk_n.
these values i need it to do the timing analysis.

2. My signals operates at 400mbps and i would like to
generate the eye diagram. how to do that using hspice.
can anybody give info on that?

3. I have one more question on Paramater sweep. I need
to sweep two variables in my circuit.

For example,

.tran 0.01ns 20ns sweep length1 100 1000 100
.tran 0.01ns 20ns sweep length2 500 1000 250

i tried like above but always i am seeing only one
variable in the waveform.( if i sweep var1 and var2
using the above method, tr1 and tr2 results with var1
displayed but i dont know for which value of var2 the
sweep happened..

The objective is, i am doing the SI analysis and i
want to sweep the tracelengths of the  topology.

I want to try like the following for loop and print
both length1 and length2.

for length1=100 to 1000 step 100
 {
   for length2=500 to 1000 step 25
}

thanking you in advance.

Also i would appreciate if anybody can share any
advanced / complex examples on SI analysis using
hspice that helps to improve the efficiency and saves
time.

thanks,
kumar

      Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof.
Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: