[SI-LIST] about connector models and backplane

  • From: pietro <pietrov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:12:46 +0200

Hello experts.
I need to simulate some PCBs (space application) mounting high
reliability connectors and for none of them any simulation model exist
(I checked with the manufacturers C&K and Hypertac). I do not have any
physical component either instruments to extract s-params by measurements.

Signal frequencies are not critical in terms of speed (whilst signal
fronts are): any suggestion ?  Modelling each pin as a RLC matching
signal net nominal impedance would work, at least as first approximation
? How would you take some margin using the before mentioned approach ?

Another question on backplanes.

Suppose you have several power supply on same layer and those are of
course connecting several connectors, how would you suggest routing them
? With copper areas, with traces having enough width and thickness to
carry the required current, other ?

Thanks

   Pietro

--
Pietro Vergine
President

CID/CID+ certified

Leading Edge

Via Delle Attivitá 18

24041 Brembate (Bergamo) - Italy

mobile (+39) 335-5783220

email: pietrov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

internet: www.leading-edge.it

Skype: pietver27

Rispetta l'ambiente: se non ti è necessario, non stampare questa mail.

To respect the environment, if not necessary do not print this email

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: