[SI-LIST] Re: Xtalk analysis in SPECCTRAQuest

  • From: "Ferhat Yaldiz" <ferhat.yaldiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Karthikeyan D'" <d.karthikeyan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:33:44 +0300

Hi Karthikeyan,

Below document helps to you.
"Addressing Crosstalk in High Speed Designs Using Allegro PCB SI."
You can find Allegro installation directory or web.
In pre-layout phase, you must draw coupled topology (microstrip or
stripline,3 4 5 coupling line ), you can play spacing, impedance, coupled
length, agressors .... In routing phase, you can define many constraints in
the CM. Max parallel (wiring tab) and active-sensitive windows (xtalk tab).
And you must play geometry window and min coupled length (interconnect model
tab) for allegro searching neighbouring nets. And finally you must generate
detailed crosstalk reports. Now, crosstalk can not damage to your design.

And I suggested to read CDNLive 2005 paper " Estimated XTALK Implementation
& Checking" from CISCO. You can find Cadence website.

Best Regards,

FERHAT YALDIZ
HARDWARE DESIGN ENG.
TUBITAK - ITI