[SI-LIST] Re: Why Thumb rule 40 mils takes 1A

  • From: Jack Olson <pcbjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SI-LIST <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:10:39 -0600

The ancient IPC chart has been replaced by IPC-2152 "Standard for
Determining Current Carrying Capacity in Printed Board Design".
Here's a more useful article than most (tooting my own horn), with an
attached spreadsheet:

http://HowToPCB.net/HowToPCB-Trace&Space.html<http://howtopcb.net/HowToPCB-Trace&Space.html>

page down to the "Conductor Width" section.

hope it helps,
Jack

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net