[SI-LIST] Re: Weighting functions for weakly non-linear drivers

  • From: Russell Dill <Russ.Dill@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 08:43:01 -0700

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 6:39 AM, Muranyi, Arpad
<Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Those slides do not mention the clamps because they are
> always ON (as shown on slide 4 in the same presentation).
> Since they are always ON, they do not need to be switched
> on and off, therefore whatever is in the clamp tables is
> just added to the currents calculated on slides 5, 6, 8
> with a simple parallel PWL source for each clamp table.
> This applies to clamps which are only active outside the
> normal signaling region (above power or below GND) as
> well as clamps which include on-die termination currents,
> such as a pullup resistor to the power rail, which is
> within the normal signaling range.

By "added to", do you mean like the equations on slide 4:

www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/summits/mar06/muranyi1.pdf

0 = kpu(t) ⋅ IVpu(Vwfm1(t)) + IVpc(Vwfm1(t)) − kpd(t) ⋅ IVpd(Vwfm1(t))
− IVgc(Vwfm1(t)) − Iout(Vwfm1(t))
0 = kpu(t) ⋅ IVpu(Vwfm2(t)) + IVpc(Vwfm2(t)) − kpd(t) ⋅ IVpd(Vwfm2(t))
− IVgc(Vwfm2(t)) − Iout(Vwfm2(t))

> Arpad

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net