[SI-LIST] Re: VOH datasheet question

  • From: Bill Wurst <billw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 21:05:44 -0500

Chris,

To take Tom's comments a step further, when the data sheet states that
VOH is 2.4V with VDD equal to 3.0V and an IOH of -18mA, this infers a
maximum p-channel ON resistance of 600mV/18mA or 33-Ohms at that dc
operating point.  As Tom points out, the output channel resistance is a
non-linear function of the voltage across the channel and the current
through it.  However, with a 10pF load, if you were to assume the RC
time constant to be around 330ps, you will at least have a rough idea of
what to expect for signal risetime (=2.2*RC) from either simulation or
lab measurements.

     -Bill

      /         billw@xxxxxxxxxxx         /
    / Advanced Electronic Concepts, LLC /