[SI-LIST] Re: Use of Ceramic substrates at High Frequencies

  • From: "Perry Qu" <perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:32:20 -0400

Hi!

Ceramic is widely used in packaging industry for better thermal performance and
reliability. However, it's not used very often in high speed digital PCBs. One
of the point to note is, the dielectric constant of ceramic is much higher than
FR4 or other commonly-used material. Thus we need a much thinner trace or
thicker board to get the same impedance control compared with FR4.

Regards

Perry

List archives are viewable at: