[SI-LIST] Re: TDR Measurement of a Long PCB Trace - Increased value over time

  • From: wolfgang.maichen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: r.satrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 13:21:15 -0800

Hello Ryan,
I am referring to the first edition of the book:

chapter 3.6.3 (Influence of Series Resistance on TDR Measurements), pp.
169-173

chapter 3.7.3 (Influence of Skin-Effect on TDR Measurements), pp. 188-189

The first section even gives an example calculation of the impedance
slope.

Best regards,

Wolfgang

r.satrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
12/03/2009 01:10 PM

wolfgang.maichen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: TDR Measurement of a Long PCB Trace - Increased value over time

Hello Wolfgang-

Thanks for your prompt response on my question.  Your explanation is
helpful.  I have Dr. Johnson's book and have read it at least once, but
cannot find where he discusses this.  Can you please direct me to where he
references this phenomena?

Regards,
Ryan Satrom
Ryan Satrom | Multitest Electronic Systems, Inc.
Signal Integrity Engineer, US
4444 Centerville Road | St. Paul, MN 55127 | USA
Phone: +1 651 407-7711 | Fax: +1 651 407-7290
e-mail: r.satrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.multitest.com

notify the system manager.

MessageLabs (http://www.messagelabs.com) for the presence of computer
viruses.