[SI-LIST] Re: Skew vs length matching

  • From: Nathan JP <jpnathan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amit.j.kumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 23:59:21 +0530

Hi,

Yes;

the Single ended Trace can be used in the Uncoupled routing length to reduce
impedance discontinuities and to match length.

The trace need to transition from its Differential (100/85 ohms) Trace spec
to its equivalent Single ended (50/42.5 ohms) trace spec (changing from
tight coupling to Loose coupling);

- so that the intra pair length matching can be achieved with any
required serpentines/zig-zag patterns in single ended routing.

Also, this need to be implemented wherever unavoidable discontinuity occurs
(uncoupling of diff pair due to AC-caps, Vias, etc) along with minimized
length matching localized to each discontinuity.

Regards,

Nathan J