[SI-LIST] Re: Serpentining one side of a differential pair

  • From: "Dagostino, Tom" <tom_dagostino@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'JK100005@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <JK100005@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,zanella_fabrizio@xxxxxxx, "SI List (E-mail)" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:48:24 -0700

If you change the path timing of one leg of the differential signal by adding a
serpentine you have changed the differential impedance (and the single ended as
well) in that section of the differential net.  The reflection caused by the
discontinuity will also change the timing.  Have you time compensated for that
effect also?

Tom Dagostino
Modeling Manager
Mentor Graphics Corp.