[SI-LIST] Re: Rise / Fall time

  • From: Zack B <zacksilist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hithesh <hitheshn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:25:50 +0100

Well, when I perform the simulatilon, the tool reads this data
automatically to compute the rise/fall times. So, my question was if this
method was good enough for calculation? Also, in the IBIS model, I cannot
find the entry R_Load in the [Ramp] section and so, I'm not sure how
accurate will be my values from simulation.
On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Hithesh <hitheshn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can calculate the rise/fall time by the dv/dt (ramp data) in the ibis
> model file.
>
> -Hithesh
>
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Zack B <zacksilist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to calculate the critical length of my signals to determine the
>> need of terminations. However, for the component I use, I could not find
>> any spec for rise / fall time in the data sheet. I, however have IBIS
>> models. So, can I simulate the driver / receiver model to obtain the
>> minimum rise / fall time values which I can then use to determine my
>> critical length?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Zack

>> //www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list