[SI-LIST] Re: Relation between slew rate and ISI

  • From: "Preethi Ramaswamy" <preethi.gowtham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Curt McNamara" <CurtM@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 08:48:51 -0700

I don't deny what you guys are saying. Wolfang, my simulations are totally
in sync with what you are saying.
Like I said, these simulation are to prove that we have to let go off this
technology of probing at any place other than at the receiver.
This is the first time I posted on this site and I must say I'm totally
impressed by the number of responses.
Thanks guys !

Preethi

On 5/8/08, Curt McNamara <CurtM@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  In your case this may not be a good plan. If the signal edge were perfect
> and the logic analyzer thresholds set exactly to your receiver it could be
> OK. However we have been talking about reflections which cause edge
> discontinuities. These could overlap either switching threshold or occur in
> the transition region between the defined Vih and Vil. Any of these
> situations could cause sampling errors.
>

> And as Wolgang has noted, the signal may be good at the receiver yet look
> bad in the line, or be bad at the receiver yet look good in the line.
>

> Curt
>

> Curt McNamara, P.E. // principal electrical engineer
> Logic Product Development
> 411 Washington Ave. N. Suite 400
> Minneapolis, MN 55401
> T // 612.436.5178
> F // 612.672.9489
> www.logicpd.com
> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
> intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and
> are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
> message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: