[SI-LIST] Re: Regarding: Usage of Magnetics...

  • From: DrFWS@xxxxxxx
  • To: weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx, karthick.murugan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 15:45:08 EST

Steve - Don't you mean McLyman?

Transformer and Inductor Design Handbook - Col. William T. McLyman

McLyman was at JPL for some 30 years - now president of Kg Magnetics,  Inc.
Has five books listed on his website.

    _http://www.kgmagnetics.com_ (http://www.kgmagnetics.com)

Regards -  Bill
Dr. F. Williams Sarles
Consulting Engineer
FWS ENGINEERING
54 Ledgelawn Avenue
Lexington MA 02420-3449
Tel:  781-862-0607
Fax: 781-861-7518
Email:  DrFWS@xxxxxxx
FWSarles@xxxxxxxxxxxx

In a message dated 12/30/2009 6:48:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

There  are entire books written on magnetics design.  The oldest well
known  volume is probably Lyman.

Steve.
karthick.murugan wrote:
>  what are the parameters desires these functionalities,
> how can we  focus on the individual functionality improvement,
> for example if I  need to improve the galvanic isolation alone what are
the
> changes we  could do with that.
> Is it any possible way there to be isolated  improvement of these
> functionalities.
>
>  Karthick.M

IC,

Group**********

>>> or to  administer your membership from a web page, go to:
>>>  //www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>>>
>>> For  help:
>>> si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'help' in the Subject  field
>>>

>>> List technical documents  are available at:
>>>             http://www.si-list.net
>>>
>>>  List archives are viewable at:
>>>  //www.freelists.org/archives/si-list
>>>  Old (prior to  June 6, 2001) list archives are viewable at:
>>>   http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu
>>>

> **************** CAUTION -  Disclaimer *****************This email may
contain confidential and privileged  material for the
> sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review,  use, retention,
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not
the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the  recipient), please
contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of  this message. Also,
email is susceptible to data corruption, interception,  tampering,
unauthorized amendment and viruses. We only send and receive emails  on the
basis
that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception,  tampering,
amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.
>  *********** End of Disclaimer ***********DataPatterns ITS
Group**********

> or to administer your  membership from a web page, go to:
>  //www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>
> For help:
>  si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'help' in the Subject  field
>

> List technical documents are available  at:
>                  http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at:
>          //www.freelists.org/archives/si-list
>
> Old (prior to  June 6, 2001) list archives are viewable at:
>       http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu

or to administer your membership from a web page,  go to:
//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list

For  help:
si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'help' in the Subject  field

List technical documents are available at:
http://www.si-list.net

List  archives are viewable at:
//www.freelists.org/archives/si-list

Old (prior to June 6, 2001)  list archives are viewable at:
http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu

Regards -  Bill

Dr. F. Williams Sarles
Consulting Engineer