[SI-LIST] Re: R: Relationship between loss tangent and dielectric constant's frequency dependence

  • From: <colin_warwick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gianguida@xxxxxxxx>, <neoflash2008@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:03:47 -0600

Hi Giancarlo,

Yes, it's called the Kramers-Kronig relationship and it's related to the fact
that real materials have a causal response to EM stimulation.

I wrote a white paper on it here:

http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5990-5266EN.pdf

The wikipedia article is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kramers%E2%80%93Kronig_relation

hth

-- Colin Warwick
Signal Integrity Product Marketing Manager, Agilent EEsof EDA
Please check out my blog http://signal-integrity.tm.agilent.com