[SI-LIST] Re: Question on SI measurement/validation without recei ver access

  • From: "Beal, Weston" <weston_beal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:48:53 -0700

 Brian,

You've gotten yourself into a tight spot here. I guess your parts are BGAs so
you can't contact the actual pin, right? The next best thing, but clearly not
ideal, is to probe at the nearest via and compare that measurement to the
simulated waveform at that via. If those waveforms compare very well then you
have good confidence in you simulations and can use the simulation results to
get waveforms that you would never be able to measure anyway.

Regards,
Weston