[SI-LIST] Re: Question about pcb grounding

  • From: <art_porter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <joel@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 07:22:32 -0700

You're on the right track. I believe the impetus for this guideline was =
the thought that two ground return conductors will form a loop, which =
can resonate. Keeping the round trip distance around the loop short =
keeps the resonant frequency high. But the suggested limit of 1/20 of a =
wavelength does seem a bit conservative. If you had such 2 conductors, =
and they were directly connected to one another at each end, the total =
distance around the loop would then be 1/10 of a wavelength. =20

Art Porter
Agilent Technologies =20