[SI-LIST] Re: Kelvin current sense resistor

  • From: Richard Feldman <Richard.Feldman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>, Joel Brown <joel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:05:38 -0800

By excluding connection resistance from the sense path, 4-terminal resistors
give a well-specified resistance and temperature coefficient.
That's important because at 3.6 watts, your sense R and its soldered connections
are going to get hot.

If you don't care about tempco and are prepared to calibrate the
effective sensing resistance, why not just connect sense points
1 milliohm apart in your 60-amp copper pattern?

Rich